Tomorrow begins a New Year. In this year I will have to apply to graduate school and try to dive back into the world of classics in academia. I thought I would post a few resolutions related to this to remain in the spirit of the holiday (in no particular order):
- Read at least 33% of the books on my reading (and rereading) list and review them on this blog.
- Revise a chapter of my thesis into a writing sample for graduate school.
- Go over Greek and/or Latin flashcards for at least 15 minutes per day.
- Post translations for Sulpicia's poetic cycle.
- Lean some Sanskrit.
- Finish the rest of the Platonic Dialogues in English (I have a few more to go). I will possibly be reading the Parmenides with Ovid II.
- Post a classically-related blogpost daily.
- Improve my Greek and Latin pronunciation and my understanding of meter.
"δεῦτέ νυν ἄβραι Χάριτες καλλίκομοί τε Μοῖσαι [Come hither now delicate Graces and beautiful-haired Muses]" (Sappho 128)and I would add "and guide me on my quest to graduate school." Happy New Year, everyone!