Monday, November 22, 2010

Appetitive: Podcasts on Plato

Today (and yesterday) I have not quite had the dedication necessary to write up the next installment of "Dates in the Platonic Corpus" yet (see my blogpost), but I have been rereading Zuckert's section on the Laws in order to write it up. It will be coming soon.

In the meantime, I thought I would post some links to some more traditional podcasts on Ancient Philosophy (and especially Plato). I have listened to some of the lectures from the UC Berkeley Ancient Philosophy class. I listened to a few of these last summer and I found them fairly interesting. In general, I do not entirely agree with David Ebrey's views on Plato (and his voice is really annoying), but he points out some interesting moments in the dialogues that I did not notice and his lectures are fairly engaging.

There are also, as it turns out, a number of podcasts that I had not stumbled upon until now. I have not listened to any of these, so I cannot recommend any of them, but I certainly will listen to them and review when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment