Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reasoning: Ancient Philosophy Lectures

While I am doing menial tasks such as organizing my notes for graduate school and vainly trying to clean my desk, I decided to revisit the lectures I listened to from UC Berkeley's Fall 2008 Philosophy 25A which I mentioned in a previous post. David Ebrey's voice is still annoying , but the lectures are engaging and easy to follow. His analysis is rather basic as he is speaking primarily to first-year philosophy students with little background and no Greek. They have been enjoyable anyway, especially as I recently began reading Crito with Propertius II.

I have the benefit, this time around, of having read each of the texts up to the Nichomachean Ethics more than once. However, I have not read any of the other Aristotle and I thought I might give it a shot as the lectures move toward the Physics, etc. Is there a particularly fabulous translation that anyone recommends?

No comments:

Post a Comment